Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JASPER!!! :)

YEP thats right, today is Jaspers FIRST birthday! I cant believe it has been a year, he still seems like my baby boy, and sure does act like it!

Well, its a pretty interesting story on how I ended up getting this AMAZING buck, so I thought I would share it :)

In february of 2010, I went with my friend to go to Castle Rock farm, one of the best nigi farms in California, she was picking out her buck and told me that I should try and get one.

The end of February there were some babies, and a buck for sale, he was really cute, and polled, I thought, why not?? So I bought him. Well unfortunately it wasnt meant to be, he passed away when he was only a few weeks old, I was really sad, but knew that because this farm is so popular I really needed to go back and get another one before it was too late.

Well I went into the baby area, I was all alone, everyone else was getting some bottles ready, I saw this really cute little gold baby, I really wanted to hold it, so I put my hands out to hold her and all of a sudden this BIG buckskin boy jumped into my hands and demanded love, so since he was pretty cute I sat down and held him. He looked at me and BIT me! I was so mad, but as soon as that happened I fell in love, I knew it was meant to be, he fell asleep in my lap and I knew he was mine. It was like it was meant to be because when everyone came in they said he was the one for sale, I was so happy!

I got to take him home and bottle feed him, he was at my friends house but I would go over and feed him. I decided to call him Jasper, and it totally fits him! NO!! I didnt name him Jasper from twilight!! Jasper is also a Gemstone, and it fit into his theme!

Im so happy I have Jasper, he has turned out to be an amazing boy, at first he had the BIGGEST ears ive ever seen, I wanted to call him dumbo LOL but now hes grown into a very handsome boy, and so far his kids have been super dairy and very pretty!

I think Jasper is definently one of my favorite goats, and he sometimes gets more love than my girls, dont judge me! I dont care if he smells LOL

Well, heres a pic of him when he was a baby, dont make fun of his ears!! lol


                                                         Here he is now!! I love him :)

No comments:

Post a Comment