Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

In The middle of breeding season

So normally breeders start breeding goats anywhere from August to March, some earlier, and later. Most of my goatie friends are just about done, me on the other hand...Well I had a very late start!

A few months ago, Jasper was deciding that he just wanted to be a baby boy and not even try to get any girls.  Since I had no use for him, I decided to let him go up to my friends house, she bought a couple girls from me last year. I promised her I would let her borrow Jasper. So he went up there around the end of September, we thought he would stay a couple weeks, get his job done and then come home.

Heres what he looked like before he left, little, and sweet looking! People were asking me if he was a girl!

He ended up staying until december! I sure missed my boy! And when he came back I didnt even recognize him! He was bigger, and had a bunch of HAIR! He was very manly looking, and smelt like a buck! Im glad hes back because this means I can finally start breeding!

I couldnt take any pics of Jasper after he came home, because honestly I dont want to go near him, he STINKS! I will get some pics after rain cleans him up a little! But hes very eager to breed.

So looks like I will have late spring/summer babies which is totally great with me, means I dont have to worry about babies getting cold!

I cant WAIT to see Jaspers first kids, these are gonna be some really nice kids!

On another note, My very first Registered goat Lilly, will be going to a new home soon. Its really hard for me to let her go, but her new owner is a good friend and I just know shes going to a great home! Luckily we have her 2010 daughter, Callie. Shes a replica of her mommy, I cant wait to see her first babies!

Well off to go look at goat websites and find more goats I want!

1 comment:

  1. I love looking online at goats. :) I have this ideal little Nubian in my head that's cream and brown spotted.
    I sure do know about stinky bucks, and thier eagerness. I hope he doesn't act mean to you!

    -Autumn

    ReplyDelete